Why would you earn the Six Sigma Green Belt certification, whether you are a certified PM or not? This post highlights some key considerations that can help you decide for yourself. Here are five things to consider – comparing Six Sigma to project management, whether you are PM-certified or not:
- Project Management is broad…Six Sigma is more specific, but conceptually broad.
- Six Sigma is in demand in many industries.
- There is a career track for Six Sigma.
- Six Sigma is more knowledge-centric – analytical, consulting, engineering…
- There is an overlap between SS and PM – hence you can earn PDUs.
In the end, Six Sigma – especially starting with Six Sigma Green Belt – certification is very doable for a typical business professional. For more detail, see Comparing Six Sigma Green Belt to PM Certificationin the PMTrainingOnline.com blog.
John Reiling, PMP
PM Training Online