Moderator Control Panel ]

FREE Study Resources in PMHUB - target 8/30/2011

This is a safe place for newcomers. Introduce yourself, post your first questions here.

PMP aspirants/Beginner's question on how to register, books to read, how to fill in forms, whther you are qualified etc shall be posted here.

Use this Forum also to post anything just to have a "posting experience".

Note that you have to be a member to be able to post.

Total votes : 0

FREE Study Resources in PMHUB - target 8/30/2011

Postby PMHUBadmin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:22 pm

check http://pmhub.net/pmdigest/component/content/article/1-articles/141-changes-in-pmp-exam-august-30-2011

Meanwhile, keep studying and utilize our free PMHUB resources:

1. JIMBOK - which for many PMP replaces PMBOK here:
http://www.pmhub.net/forums/viewtopic.p ... 0&start=15

This study notes covers the whole knoweldge areas and hence PMBOK and it is free. Mind you that you are NOT allowed to post this file to another group and forums.

2. Joseph Philips Free PMP Course in 13 parts
http://pmhub.net/pmdigest/component/con ... n-12-parts

again this is a FREE course available to all PMHUB members

3. Cherries ITTO tables:
http://pmhub.net/pmdigest/component/con ... tto-tables

and there are many more

check PMHUB.net/wp, pmhub.net/pmdigest and pmhub.net/forums

do not waste your time - we have only 4 months before the Aug 30 target date
PMHUBadmin
Site Admin

Re: FREE Study Resources in PMHUB - target 8/30/2011

Postby PMHUBadmin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Practically we have only 1 month time before the change:
Pls check this:
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP: Why PMI Won’t Say If You Passed Or Failed Your PMP Exam
Jeff Furman, PMP: Big change coming to the PMP Exam

in PMHUB Blog: http://pmhub.net/wp
PMHUBadmin
Site Admin

R Kannan PMP Exam Passed on 17-08-2011

Postby rkannan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:48 am

Dear All

I would like to inform to all the memebers and the PMP aspiriants that I have completed the exam today at 12:00 Noon.

I do not have much thing to share for how to prepare for the examination as so many members have contributed the best way
for the success. Secondly, I wanted inform you that eventhough I was silently reading, those LLs, I have never adopted
any of those. I have completed my study Andy Cowe, Rita along with PMBOK only on the 15-08-2011, and I run short of the
time to refer to various authors, but parallely, started taking the mock exams from PM Peferect, and I was scoring
consistently 65 to 70%. In the mock examination I have ignored the feedback on the wrong questions the chapters I was
not studied and preparing. I was ooking for the errors in which I have studied and improving my knowledge on those errors and the situations.

And day before the examination I was going thru the Glossaries and re-collecting the processes and the terms.
In the evening relaxed a bit and till night 10:00 PM memorizing the imporptant formulas and ITTO's.

On the date of examination went to the center at Center around 7:45 AM for the examination at 9:00 AM. I was scanned
and invited to take up the examination at 8:23 AM. During the exam I have noticed that unlike others who have shared
that I was not made to shock with wordy questions, despite I was ready for that I have found I could able to answer the
questions and it was one or two line questions till 11 questions, so I was bit lucky, and my confidence level increased
I felt when I leave the exam center I will be a PMP.

I had concerntrated well and analysed the questions and read all the 4 answers before clicking on the answers, I took lot
of time and I have finished the exam 20 minutes before and reviwed only 3 questions that I have marked, and revised 2
questions, and clicked the end button, the screen went empty as usual for every other PMP exam writers it was butterflying
in the belly for a while, then come the result that I have passed the examination. Felt happy over the result.

LL for Exam aspirants

1. Select and use 2 books more than PMBOK start read the same topic after readding that from PMBOK or wherever you feel
the PMBOK is conscise refer those sections in the other 2 books you have choosen.

2. Understand the process diagrams provided in the PMBOK and when you read Rita or Andy Cowe recollect those diagrams, this
has provided me how the process are interacting.

3. Do not worry that you have only less brain dumps to off load before the exam may be you may not require everything to
use in the exam.

4. Do not have a big window time between your preparation/boot camp for the exam as you might loose what you learnt

All the very best and cheers !

Kannan :D :D :D :D :D :D
rkannan

Postby PMHUBadmin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Kannan,

congrats and thank you for the LL Best wished and would to read your future LLs in the other PM certifications

your post is posted in the wrong forums so it is more likely to be missed by many. The forum for mthis LL is in the LL Forum.
Any way, to make sure that this nwill be read by thousands of PMP Aspirants, I will publish your LL in PMHUB Blog to make sure that all PMP Aspirants have an easy access.

I was thinking of moving this post to the LL Forum but do not know how to do this, so I just leave this here
PMHUBadmin
Site Admin

Postby sopheia » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:04 am

useful information, thanks
sopheia

Postby deepag » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:00 am

This is my second post. I understand PMBOK version has changed and so is the exam model as well. So am planning on going thru the learning cycle again. I look fwd to JIMBOK to help me prepare exceptionally.
deepag

Postby dkowal » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:04 am

Very usefull links, especialy those on ITTO, thx :)
dkowal

Postby pyacct » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Hello All,

I want to look at the study resources in PMHUB. I am planning to give the CAPM by mid-December.
I have been reading tips from the members and they are very helpful.

Most of the resources are directed towards PMP. Is there anything specific to CAPM?

Thanks
pyacct
pyacct

Postby PMHUBadmin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:32 am

PYAcct
Pls understand the forum concept. if you are looking for CAPM info,check the CAPM Forum
PMHUBadmin
Site Admin

Postby Keliyra » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm looking forward to being able to use the JIMBOk and other resources. I sit for my pmp exam in January.
Keliyra

Postby mbshaw » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Will the JMBOK help with the new PMP test?
mbshaw

Postby jeffryp » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 am

How is the JIMBOK different for the PMBOK?
jeffryp

Postby PMHUBadmin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:30 pm

the best is for you to read it rather than we tell you what the diff ...
PMHUBadmin
Site Admin

Postby charbye » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Can't wait to review JIMBOK. Is all the information current as of Feb 2012 and PEMBOK 4?
charbye

Return to Newcomers Forum